miércoles, 5 de octubre de 2011

When teachers become learners


This morning I held a workshop about portfolios with some of my tutees and some of my Spanish students. The group was small and this gave us the opportunity of doing real collaborative work. I began the workshop as a teacher-guide but after a short introduction I became a learner.

fuente de la foto:
eldiariodeunlogistico.blogspot.com
The aim of the introduction was to boost ideas and to show different options to structure the portfolio. Then my students decided to explore the possibilities Blogger offers and the nice surprises began:

We found out Anne is an expert blogger who had two blogs; in the workshop she opened a third one to practice her Spanish.
Catharina explained to us how to use Tumblr and the examples she shared with us were amazing.  
Sanne asked really good questions I will take into account in the future.
Robin found solutions to problems I got stuck with (I never said I had all the answers…).
Barend began writing entries as soon as he opened his blog.

The workshop was great and really inspiring. That’s why I break the rules for once and I write in English. My students deserve it.

Next meeting with them in 5 weeks time. Keep you posted.




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario